The New HOA Law is here (German WEG Reform).
HOA Law: (Wohnungseigentumsmodernisierungsgesetz – WEMoG).
On te first of December 2020 a new law regarding HOA's in Germany becomes valid.
- Modernization and Renewal are becoming easier.
- Mandatory Certified Property Managers instead of registratration for professionals.
- HOA becomes foundation for Property Manager
- More Competences for the Property Manager
- Power of Attorney for the Property Manager
- Annual Meetings and Quorum are simplified.
- Protocols of Decisions are maintained.
- Right to View Administrative Records
- Flexible Decisionmaking about costs
- Association Committee to become more flexible
- Simplified Recall of Administrators
- HOA is legal party in disputes.
- Liability reduction for Property Managers
- Registration of changes in the HOA Bylaws
- HOA's in formation
- Extension of individual real estate property rights.
- Subject and content of annual reports.
- Disposition of the Real Estate Property
- No Competence of The HOA on Penalties
- Harminization of rental and ownership laws.